Volunteering At The Sanctuary
A Home for Hooves is a completely volunteer-run organisation. Volunteers are essential to keeping the sanctuary running smoothly!
Volunteer Shifts are Mondays at 10:00, Wednesday at 8:30, Saturdays at 10:00 and 1:00.
We stream live on Twitch TV so you will be on camera during your volunteer shifts.
We are located at 4380 Inwood Creek Road in Duncan.
- Picking up poop
- Stripping shelters
- Washing and refilling water dishes
- Cleaning feed dishes
- Animal health exams
- Sorting produce for the animals
- Yard work
Volunteer Application Process:
1. Complete our Volunteer Application - Apply Here
2. Book a "Volunteer Shadow Shift" and complete a "Liability Waiver" and "Media Release Form".
3. After completing your "Volunteer Shadow Shift" we'll discuss if this is something you wish to commit to and answer any questions or concerns you may have.
4. We will then complete two character reference checks.
5. Your application will then be reviewed by our Board of Directors.
6. Once your application is approved we will book your first official volunteer shift.
7. You will be added to our Facebook "Home for Hooves Volunteer" page.
8. You will be expected to read and sign off on the Volunteer Manual prior to your first official volunteer shift.
9. Complete your orientation check list at the Sanctuary with a training partner
What To Expect When Volunteering At The Sanctuary
- Commit to coming a minimum of two times a month for a minimum of 2 hours each time
- Come rain or shine
- Wear steel-toed shoes or boots
- Be prepared to get dirty
- Follow safety rule at all times
- Understand that you will be working with some animals who have behavioural issues
If you would like to volunteer but can't attend in person, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, we have some tasks that can be done remotely.